The Sweetness of God's Love


The Sweetness of God’s Love

Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.   Psalms 136:22

I love how the Lord reveals Himself bit by bit as I journey along in faith.
I must confess that sometimes I do long for a significant and dramatic revelation. But God knows me best and chooses to reveal truths about Himself steadily and continuously.

I was driving one Sunday after lunch to pick up some coffee beans in St Jacobs, and I was using the quiet time to pray and reflect.  I was taking time to be still in God’s presence.  My thoughts were directed to my dear brother, Steven, who attends our church.  He has physical, mental, and speak limitations, but he is also very gifted in special ways.  He possesses a fantastic memory, and he has an abundance of love for all he encounters.  When he sees you, his eyes sparkle in delight, and he runs over to give you a huge hug.  Not a reserved hug, but an I am all in kind of embrace!  His joy and delight have had a profound impact on me.

This is a taste of our God's love for us.  It is a reminder of the delight and the care that a loving father has for His children.  This is a sweet taste of the love that we will one day enjoy in its fullness in the presence of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Insurance vs. Life Assurance

Your Word is a Lamp to my feet