My bags are packed. Are yours?


Almost everyone loves to travel. Being on vacation allows you to break away from the usual routine, relax and enjoy new things. Travel brings the thrill of seeing new sights and having new adventures. God created a magnificent and wondrous world for us to explore and enjoy.

Our family took a road trip to Kentucky last fall to see the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum.  It was an incredible and unforgettable family trip.  I hope that our kids will remember and treasure the little trips we take as a family.  God willing I hope that we will have lots more family adventures.  

Lately, I have been spending more and more time thinking about the final trip that everyone must take.   On this eternal trip, there are two final destinations; one place is a place of extreme torment, of blazing fire, of agonizing pain, and of utter darkness. The other place is beautiful, glorious, free of pain, free of sorrow, free of evil, and the glory of God will be its light.  I have seen some truly awesome places on this earth, but the New Jerusalem will be indescribable.

What scares me is that I don't think most people know what is at stake.  They don't know what a soul is or have thought of what an endless amount of time feels like.  Some believe that on judgment day they can get into heaven by their good deals.  Most people I know would not gamble $250 on a lottery ticket but are quite willing to roll the dice on their eternal souls.

As I a Christian, I believe that Jesus Christ is my personal savior and the only way to eternal life.  I admit that I am a hopeless and broken sinner that cannot save himself.  No amount of good deeds, good thoughts, or good works can begin to cover my debt of sin.  Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again to pay the cost of our sins.  I have accepted God's free gift of salvation in His Son Jesus.

“Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him”  (John 3:36)

This life is short. My spiritual bags are packed, ready at the door, and my ticket is in hand.   Are yours?

My prayer is that everyone who reads this message would believe in God’s son Jesus as their Lord and personal savior.

Blessings, Al

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sweetness of God's Love

Life Insurance vs. Life Assurance

Your Word is a Lamp to my feet